Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Beliebers: The Greater Disappointment In The Music Industry

Okay, so I was on Facebook, and I saw my friend MDA from youtube made a post that was around the idea of, "I'm getting tired of this Justin Bieber crap" so it was basically a normal statement, and I didn't think too much about it. Until my friend James posted a picture about its.

Apparently on Twitter, kids, which I assume are mostly teenaged girls, are cutting themselves with hashtags like #Cut4Bieber and they did it because apparently he is smoking pot.

He is an adult, in his country he is old enough to drink. If he wants to smoke pot, it should have nothing to do with his fans. He can make his own decisions.

This is a meme going around on Facebook. This is obviously triggering. I don't understand, why these kids would do this for someone who more than likely doesn't know they even exist.

This doesn't change the fact that I am very irritated by the fact that the comments on these kind of pictures are a bit more disturbing than the actual pictures.

I read things like, "Don't let them stop, let them die"  "We should be supporting this kind of action, weed out all the Bieber fans" "They aren't doing it right" "So... much... ketchup"

I'm not providing links to the people who said this shit. Because it disgusts me. It truly fucking bugs me that people think this is okay to say about obviously confused children.

If I was famous, and my fans pulled shit like this, I'd go visit them. I'd tell them that this is not alright, that this is not the proper response to anything. If they'd like me to change my personal choices, a different path should be taken.

Things like this make me want to cut again, to start drinking again. I do not appreciate the fact that people think that self harm is the proper response because a famous person does something you don't like.

Of course I personally would make a mockery of these people, but I know I wouldn't take it far enough to say things like, kill themselves. These are pop fans. I'm a metal fan, yet I'm the one called the emo faggot.

Which is uncalled for, just because someone listens to Emo music, which Emo is short for Emotional. Which I'm not sure how that specific genre received that title. Just because people dress a certain way, or partake in a particular lifestyle doesn't mean you have to be condescending and hateful of it.

I don't like Justin Bieber or his music. This proves that his fanbase is immature, and cannot handle progression and growth in a person. Which every person is entitled to make a cubic fuckton of mistakes.

If you have any thoughts on this matter, do not be afraid to share them with me.
Thank you for your time, and thank you for reading.
Kyle Stewart

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you speak mind! very well said :)

    ReplyDelete